Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Monday, May 23, 2005

Strange and Beautiful

I had a strange dream last night. It was the apocalypse and the world was completely falling apart. The ground was shaking and there was that heavy feeling in the air that you get right after or before it rains. I was middle aged and living in a house with a veranda overlooking a cliff down to the sea. It looked like something out of a book I read as a child called The Lupin Lady. I was sitting in a rocking chair, very calmly, watching the world fall apart. The sky was falling into the sea, literally huge, beautiful, blue boulders crashing into the ocean about 1/2 mile out. It was so beautiful. I just sat there, watching it all, not doing anything, not worrying, just being in awe.

on a slightly more realistic note, I got a summer job today! I'm going to be a day camp counselor at Kopernik observatory in Binghamton for 6 weeks starting July 4. Its going to be a great job, I'm excited about it. I will also have roughly 3-4 weeks between when i get home and when work starts, and another month or so after work is over and I have to go back to school. Hopefully I'll be able to do a little bit of pick-up work and extra chores perhaps to make some extra money. I also plan to do some hiking. that would be awesome.

ok, now that I have just gotten off the phone with my friends who are back home, having fun and watching a movie, I thoroughly dont want to do my problem set, but i must, so i am off!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally loved that book! Now I want to go home and look at all the pretty pictures again! I just tried to look it up as "The Lupine Lady" because I could have sworn that was the name, but it turns out it was actually called "Miss Rumphius."

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home