Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Thursday, August 28, 2003

french

some canadian quotes from le Notre Dame de Paris, if you were in mrs wetsigs class you would understand. these are stuck in my head now.

Le monde est entre dans un nouveau millenaire.
Bohemienne, c'est ecrit dans le ligne de ma main.
Ne cherches plus ''amour, il est la, il est la pour toujours, je le crois.
Le pape des fous.
Phoebus veut dit soleil.
Dechire, je suis un homme dedouble.
Tu vas me detruire.
Prepare de mourir parce que je t'aime.



while im at it, some good jack handy quotes:
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad."
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!"
"Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing."
"As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint."
"If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home