Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On Feeling Smart

Today was a very good day.

I had my first discussion section that I lead. I think it went very well. Everyone participated, the discussion ranged pretty well, it deviated from the reading a bit, but stuck to the overarching topic of science vs. other disciplines and its role in schooling.

I also made it on time to primates class after writing my response to how female chimpanzees have more sex than female bonobos while in estrus, but over the course of their lifetimes, female bonobos spend more time in estrus and therefore have more sex during their entire lifetime than female chimpanzees.

I went to the field museum with my anatomy class and knew a bunch of answers that the TA didnt even know, so I felt really smart helping my classmates with the skulls and wierd questions and helping the TA answer a bunch of student's questions.

Now I have some physics to do, a poetry paper to write for thursday, another response for thursday, and various other readings. This weekend I think I may have been signed up to go to the Indiana Dunes, which would be fun, I just wish I knew if I have been signed up or not.

Overall..vowing to have a good day this morning apparently worked.. either that or reading articles about giant extinct camels and jelly mistaken for nuclear waste makes one's day better.

edit: even though physics alludes me, i'm still smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home