Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I ate the fricken sauerkraut!

This new year i will be healthy, wealthy, and wise, or so says my family as i ate the ever so disgusting sauerkraut. that stuff is just gross.

New years this year started out slow but got to be a lot of fun, towards the end of the evening (read as 2-4 or so). the next day i drove to indiana to take my grama home and then yesterday i took the train into chicago and got back at my dorm.

last night was a blast! i unpacked all the imporant things, my new food processor, all my new spices, and my books, talked to jake and andrew and decided to make dinner for all my friends! well, not all, but a few of them. so andrew, jake, cat, zach, erica, jonathan, and the long awaited garett all came over and we failed at making soup as the kind of squash we bought refused to open and turned out to be much more like a pumpkin than anything else, then we successfully made manicotti (some tofu, most cheese) spinach and peach cobbler dump cake. it was fabulous, including the part where andrew and i were walking back from the store, saw a bus and i said "wouldnt it be funny if our friends were on that bus and we're really late?" and then they were.

today im going to attend to classes, go to lunch and meet people, i know zach will be there, and then just do some random stuff, emailing, gym, unpacking, all that good stuff that needs to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home