Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Monday, October 23, 2006

Do you feel betrayed? Are you the betrayer?

I woke up with the strong desire to do something for the world. I made cinnamon rolls and coffee. Then watched Grey's Anatomy, which made me want to do something for the world even more. So I made an appointment to give blood today. I haven't technically reached the 5-year cancer-free mark, but I'm pretty damn close and I have always said I would be one to give blood a lot, I want to test myself. Maybe I will fail for some reason like my iron is too low.

I'm also meeting with someone to talk about doing Teach For America today. I kind of want to do it. And (I dont know how I feel about this yet) but sticking around in Chicago for 2 more years...well, it might just be all the reason I need.

My best friend almost got killed this weekend. Ok, thats a bit of a stretch, but maybe not. I'm glad she's ok. If something had happened... well, I might just die too. I know I wouldnt, but I would want to. Now I'm being morbid.

This weekend was way too unproductive. I need to stop that. Like woah. I'm an idiot and now it's not just affecting me, so yeah, that's the end of that. Crunch time. I've apparently stopped making complete sentances.

Also, this made my weekend: Michael Pollan, one of my favorite writers EVAR replied to my fan-email and told me to introduce myself at his speech in November here in chicago. As I may have already told a few people, I'm PSYCHED!! I'm totally going to bring his books to have him sign them.

And now to get dressed and change the world.

::edit:: I dont know how I feel about the probably fact that no one reads this. I think it's kind of comforting. Does that negate the purpose of an online journal?

::edit:: I am also thinking about finally becoming a cuddler. And by thinking about, I mean I have filled out the application.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totaly read your blog....and on a funny note i was like


OMG who of your friends almost died...then i was like..ohh yeah me

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home