Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Friday, December 03, 2004

Great night

Yesterday was a good day. I got up around 7:00 to finish my paper and handed in it around 12:30. Then I got to lounge around, went to Florian with Lauren, and just general hanging out for a few hours. That was a lot of fun. Then at 4, I got together with my drama group to run through our scene we are performing today at UT-day. It's really coming along nicely, and it's pretty funny too. Then back to my room for some family guy and a nap. Im really glad I set my alarm before I layed down to watch some cartoons because I would have slept right through the hookah trip which was the best part of the night! We trekked up to the near north side to go to this awesome hookah lounge called Sigara (or something similar to that). It was fabulous. The decorations were beautiful, they had the short tables with pillows everywhere and very little light, mostly from candles. There was awesome background music and it was really excellent. I ordered a chai latte and my group got a hookah with "Serenity Now" tobacco, which was so smooth and good, it was amazing. I was sitting with Andrew from central, Nick, Jason, and Jen, and then down a little was Emily and Josh, and then there was a bunch more people, but there were too far away for me to talk to really. The belly dancer was really good, and she was even standing around when we were getting ready to leave and I talked to her a bit, she was really sweet. Then some of us caught a taxivan to come back which worked out well, leaving the rest to stay a while longer at the lounge. We definitely want to make it a reading period tradition. It was the most relaxing trip. When we got back to the house, we watched some of Vertigo, waiting for the rest of the people to get back, but I had to go to bed because I had to wake up early. Oh man, did I mention I liked the lounge?

Today: scene practice at 9, drama class set up at 10:15, performance at 11, done by 12, lunch, then a mixture of studying and hanging out and studying some more. Sounds like a good day to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home