Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Last and First day

I just had my last class of the quarter, it was pretty amazing. Its also officially the first day of winter in my book. I got up at 5 this morning for reasons I wont go in to, but anyway, I had a magical walk through the quad which had the lightest coating of snow over all the grass and ice over all the pavement. I stood in the middle of the quad for a few minutes and the ice-coated branches cracked and chimed in the slight, but bitterly cold wind. I love it. I was there before the maintenence guys who spread salt, so it was still pure and beautiful, no practicality involved. I love it when I need scarves and gloves just to go to the dining hall. I love it when everything is cozy and warm when you get inside. I love drinking coffee and hot chocolate when it's cold. I love being in my bed when it's cold. I love walking when it's cold. I love when it's cold outside.

And now, I have only a paper, a performance, and two finals standing between me and break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home