Never use a big word when a diminutive exression will suffice

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

On Christmas in Binghamton

I've been home for what feels like many weeks now. I have a routine, not at all strenuous, so it works for me, and it’s hard for me to remember what I did before. I'm sure it will all come back very quickly when I get back to Chicago. In fact, I've been kind of excited, or maybe anxious, to go back and try to do better. I'm also looking forward to more winter. I like the cold, especially when I get to wear all my warm sweaters and cuddle in bed, it just makes it all the better when it’s really cold out.

So I have had a lot of fun here in Binghamton, lots of coffee, lots of cookies, baking, reading, sleeping, friends, family, all good things. It has been very relaxing and refreshing. I'm really hoping the feeling lasts because it is going to be a long quarter.

I don’t really know what else to say, this post is taking me a long time to write and I think my thoughts are becoming disjointed. Speaking of disjointed, I wanted to post about Calvin. We met him tonight at they cyber cafe and it was really crazy. He apparently went to the largest private school...in Arkansas. He told me "did you know that rights don’t count in America?" I really flipped out over that one. I was sick of him saying that men who thought women weren’t good at science and should have kids and worship their husbands actually made better husbands because they were less likely to cheat or something. I remember at one point he asked Sara "So, do you know about statistics?" when they were talking about how she was a physics major and is in general a science major. He just really wanted to sounds smart and failed miserably. It certainly made for an interesting night. Anyway, I think I'm going to go read some Bringing Down the House and then go to sleep. So goodnight world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home